At First baptist whitsett:
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ for the sins of the whole world.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith (and that genuine faith always included repentance
- We believe in the triune God: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in a literal Heaven
- We believe in a literal Hell
- We believe that the next event on God's prophetic calendar is the...Rapture.
- We are pre-trib, pre-millennial in our eschatology.
- We believe every Christian is baptized by the Holy Spirit at conversion, and is commanded to be filled by the Holy Spirit continually.
- We believe in the visible 2nd coming of Christ.
- We believe in 2 church ordinances: baptism and the Lord's Supper.
- We believe that the local church is the vital part of the Body of Christ and that her members should be faithful to all the services (and give her their time, talents, and tithes).
- We believe in personal soul-winning and in missions as an extension of the local church in reaching the lost around the world with The Gospel.
- We believe that after salvation that the believer should be baptized by immersion.
- We believe in the Biblical view of marriage is to be between a man and a woman.
First Baptist is biblically conservative, doctrinally fundamental, distinctively baptist, aggressively prayerful, passionately evangelistic, and hopefully....Like Christ. (Galatians 2:20)